Friday, November 16, 2012

One of the reason I paint many city painting is that city has a lot of different light source.
I like lights coming from shop windows and there is traffic lights, automoville headlight,
and then there is reflection lights from our natural sunlight, and people walking down the
street, yellow taxies...all these physical elements from this city is good enough to give me
interesting subject matter.
All these physical element is very important for me to achieve something very positive
out of our ordinary daily life.
Trying to make a great painting from our daily life style could be my own will or determination.
I truely believe it's a matter of time to reach something really interesting art work.
You can see from our old masters like Edgar Payne or Edward Hopper or other masteres
how they were able to achieve great paintings from our nature or daily life.
I would like to follow their mental or spiritual attitude only, I am aware of everybody has
slightly different interest in terms of creative mind.

Anyway, this painting is 30x24 inches in dimentions, one the large size Manhattan painting
for me. I like brushstroke and my painting usually finishes with a lot of layers of brushstroke.
I constantly approaches to my idea with endless brushstroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment